Early Family Intervention
The Sacred Circle Program began in 1998 in partnership with Central Neighbourhood Centre for Children, Youth, and Families (NCCYF). The idea was, to provide support to the more complex families through a collaborative effort between the Child Welfare Workers and the Support Workers from Bent Arrow. The program was nurtured and developed through collaboration and partnership. Together, we provide family services to both status and non-status families in the form of:
- Family Supports
- Family Aid
- Youth Interventions
- The youth worker/family support worker will reach out to make an appointment
- Information regarding the reasons for your involvement will then be discussed with the client
- All consents clients provide must be given voluntarily, and they have the right to withhold or revoke consents at any time
- An intake is completed and consents are signed
- Services commence
- The Sacred Circle worker will help clients navigate larger systems such as the healthcare field, housing, education or the legal systems so that they can gain confidence and familiarity in your dealings with them. They will help them to understand their rights and obligations when dealing with the larger systems to lessen clients anxiety when dealing with them.
- The youth worker/family support worker will inform clients of their right to participate in cultural or spiritual ceremonies or events and provide information or the opportunity for them to participate. Bent Arrow provided many opportunities throughout the year by hosting ceremonies that promote wellness.