Youth Wellness Worker - Kahkiyaw
Kahkiyaw is a ground-breaking Indigenous -led and community-based program created to significantly improve the lives of Indigenous children, youth, and families in the Edmonton and Area Children and Family Services. Working closely with CFSA Central Neighbourhood Centre, and using the Collaborative Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Indigenous children and families in our city.
- This trained social services professional will act as the Case Manager alongside our Children Services partner (Assessor/Case Worker).
- Build positive relationships with youth on their case load, and advocate where needed.
- Maintain effective cross-functional relationships with staff, colleagues, and partners, as required.
- Will be required to attend orientation and other appropriate courses/training.
- Provide service plans and case notes as required by deadlines, using our Penelope data base.
- Ensure all client files are organized and have current and valid client information.
- Utilize strength-based tools to assist families and youth – i.e. Signs of Safety (SOS) – Mapping, Appreciative Inquiry, and Three Houses with Children. Experience with SOS is an asset.
- Responsible for all on-call services on a rotation basis (every 5-6 weeks). Financial compensation is granted.
- Degree or diploma in a Human Services field is a must – i.e. Social Work, Child & Youth Care, Education, etc.
- 3-5 years work-related experience is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a driver’s abstract
- Must have 2-million-dollar liability vehicle insurance coverage
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record and Child & Family Intervention Checks, and Driver’s Abstract is required prior to starting employment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must apply for Child Intervention Record Check prior to the interview to be considered for an interview.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $4,332.00-$4,548.60 per month
- Paid time off
Work Location: In person