Employment Program for youth ages 14-24
Another chance starts here. Apply Today!
Working Warriors is a program for youth between the ages of 14-24.
The project was developed to provide employment opportunities and community re-integration to multi-barriered, unemployed or underemployed youth. Our program nurtures positive change by way of hands on employability skills through work experience placements, life skill enhancement, outreach services and supported educational learning plans.
To be a participant in the Working Warriors Program you must be:
- A Youth between the ages of 14-24
- A Canadian Citizen, have permanent residency status or be a protected person under the Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Willing to set and achieve pre-intake targets set by your referral team
- Willing to participate in course work tailored around education, personal and employment skills development
- Willing to participate in 1 week non-paid orientation
Referral - How to participate in the program
We accept referrals from:
- EPS – Youth Services Section
- Youth Probation
- Community Agencies
Youth must be willing to participate in all the program components
Phase I – Intervention and Referral
- Youth are assessed and set targets to determine their desire and ability to be in the program.
Phase II – Programming
- 1 week non-paid orientation
- Participate in education with Edmonton Public Schools
- Facilitation focusing on life skill development, employment skill development, community engagement, volunteering and job shadow placements
- Work experience placements and job shadow preparation
- Return to school
- Continuous outreach support; Family mediation, advocacy, intervention services, harm reduction planning, guidance and support, mentor-ship opportunities, evening support, on-site counseling and more
To apply today, contact the Working Warriors Program at 780-481-3451
In partnership with: