Employment Program for youth ages 16-24
Another chance starts here. Apply Today!
Working Warriors is a program for youth between the ages of 16-24.
The project was developed to provide employment opportunities and community re-integration to multi-barriered, unemployed or underemployed youth. Our program nurtures positive change by way of hands on employability skills through work experience placements, life skill enhancement, outreach services and supported educational learning plans.
To be a participant in the Working Warriors Program you must be:
- A Youth between the ages of 16-24
- A Canadian Citizen, have permanent residency status or be a protected person under the Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Willing to set and achieve pre-intake targets set by your referral team
- Willing to participate in course work tailored around education, personal and employment skills development
- Willing to participate in 3 week non-paid orientation
- Self-referrals are welcome as well
How to participate in the program
We accept referrals from:
- EPS – Youth Services Section
- Youth Probation
- Community Agencies
Youth must be willing to participate in all the program components
Phase I – Intervention and Referral
- Youth are assessed and set targets to determine their desire and ability to be in the program.
Phase II – Programming
- 3 week non-paid orientation
- Facilitation focusing on life skill development, employment skill development, community engagement, volunteering and job shadow placements
- Work experience placements and job shadow preparation
- Return to school
- Continuous outreach support; Family mediation, advocacy, intervention services, harm reduction planning, guidance and support, mentor-ship opportunities, evening support, on-site counseling and more
Interested in submitting a referral?
Do you need help finding a job?
Are you a youth (15-29) looking for support finding a job that will launch you into your career? Then you have come to the right place! You can also apply for Indigenous Youth Rapid Employment Program(IREP). IREP is completely free and allows you to take control of your professional future. Start your journey here by filling out our application .
In partnership with: