Sober Living Housing
Orenda House is a safe supported sober living environment for low income youth, adults, and families who struggle with maintaining housing.
To maintain a safe, supportive, and sober environment, all tenants must abide by the house rules. The Resident Manager (RM) lives on site and is required to conduct random apartment inspections, report all activity, and maintain the cleanliness of the common area and the yard.
Orenda House is equipped with security cameras for front and back entrances and one each floor. All footage is recorded and viewed. Free laundry facilities, and a deck with a BBQ available for tenant use.
Orenda is your home and as such we hope you will participate in keeping it clean and safe. We encourage you to report any concerns you may have as well as incidents you have witnessed that are in violation of the house rules. All reported incidents are strictly confidential and will not be shared with other tenants.
- We are an Alcohol and Drug free environment
- Guests are not allowed in the building after 11:00pm – The RM must be notified of all overnight guests
- Your guests are your responsibility and as such you are responsible to ensure they respect Orenda House rules
- The laundry facility is on a scheduled basis
- Apartment inspections are mandatory
- Notice to add an applicant – please be advised all applicants must submit their own application. This does not guarantee their acceptance
- 3rd party payment where applicable
- We do not tolerate violence. In the event of violence, we will contact the police and when required for the safety of the children, Children Services Crisis Line. All offenders will be banned from Orenda House
- Tenant meetings are mandatory
- All tenants are expected to participate in meaningful daily activities after the first month of tenancy
Apply To Move In Now
Bent Arrow recognizes and honours everyone is at a different place in their healing journey. If you are not yet at a place to live a sober lifestyle, Orenda House is not the place for you. We suggest you find housing options through our partners at Boyle Street Community Services.
If you are at a place in your healing journey to live a sober lifestyle and distance yourself from people who keep you from achieving sobriety, please continue filling out this form.
Note- If you have people living with you, they must also fill out their own form.