Kikosewin Family Resource Network
Family & Youth Programming
All programming is Virtual
Kikosewin means; the act of being with family. The Hub is for all family members to grow together. We believe in the importance of “Family” and that children and youth are safe, healthy and nurtured by their parents or caregivers as “children are a gift from the creator and should be treated as such”.
Kikosewin’s Hub offers an array of services, supports and programming that supports children, youth and families aligning in three core areas:
- Child Development and Well-being
- Caregiver Capacity Building (by creating parenting opportunities and experiences to strengthen parenting abilities)
- Social connections and supports
There are five services:
- Family Resource Centre Offers early childhood development and parent education programs with cultural and non cultural content for children, youth and families to attend in a fun learning environment.
- Home Visitation Provides in home one-on-one support for parents with a focus on children from birth to 8 years of age. Home visitors will provide information, parenting tips and support to help parents achieve their goals to be the best parents they can be.
- Engagement and Support for Fathers This program focuses on engaging with, and supporting dads in the community. Offers home visitations to fathers in need.
- Relentless Connectors Aims to reduce the need for intervention by Children’s Services by meeting the needs of families dealing with multiple struggles. The Worker works with the families on parent identified goals, and support them to be the best parents they can be.
- Youth Services This work focuses on relationship building but will evolve around the youth’s needs and goals. Additionally, this program also works on engaging youth with group and hub-based programs.