Journey to Success
10-week Pre-Employment Program
Looking for work?
Having a hard time getting interviews?
Need to update your resume?
Journey to Success offers Career and Employment information services and job placement through our Employment Resource Centre and a supported job placement program. It is designed to meet the needs of unemployed and marginally employed Indigenous people to support them in addressing barriers to employment in order to obtain and maintain long term employment.
Journey to Success Pre-employment Program
- 5 weeks Employment Preparation and Employment Skills Development with 1 week of assisted job search
- 4 week job shadow for students who are struggling with finding employment
- one-on-one employment counseling, service management and job maintenance support
- 90 day supported follow up
- Eighteen years old
- Stable residence
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Must be ready, willing and able to start employment
- Must not be taking any other training or employment program funded by Alberta Employment & Immigration
- Must maintain contact with staff for three months upon completion of program
*Upon successful completion of training, participants are assisted in finding employment.
*Staff support students in maintaining their employment from start to finish
- Click the “apply now” link below
- Fill out the application and submit
- Our team will get back to you at their earliest convenience
*Mobius Check* (found at the bottom of the application below) is a required part of the application process. Mobius is used solely for the purpose of verifying your eligibility in our program and data entry for progress while in the program.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Always check our COVID Updates for the latest changes.
Transition to Success offers:
- 6 weeks in-class life skill enhancement,
- 2 weeks in-class employment skill development, including ticket/certification training,
- 4 weeks of non-paid, on-the-job work experience placement, and
- 6 months employment support.