The Sacred Circle Family Intervention Program serves families who have Children Services involvement. Family support and youth workers work with Indigenous youth and families addressing issues that necessitated Children Services involvement. Support can include connecting the families to community resources, mediation, advocacy, crisis intervention, relationship building, teaching, and cultural support.
- Provide one-to-one support using a harm reduction and strength-based approach.
- Build supportive and professional relationships with youth.
- Interview clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required, and eligibility.
- Provide counsel and therapy to help clients resolve social and personal problems.
- Plan programs of assistance for clients.
- Refer clients to relevant youth agencies and supports.
- Serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working with a client group.
- Act as an advocate for client groups in the community.
- Perform administrative tasks.
- Degree or diploma in a Human Services field is a must – i.e. Social Work, Child & Youth Care, Education, etc.
- 2-4 years work-related experience is a must.
- Experience working with Indigenous youth is an asset
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record and Child & Family Intervention Checks, and Driver’s Abstract is required prior to starting employment.
- Reliable Vehicle and Current Driver’s Licence is a must.
- Experience with Microsoft office and database such as Efforts to Outcome (ETO).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- As this position will be working closely with male high risk youths, male candidates will be given preference.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org