Youth Supervisor - Temporary
Kahkiyaw is a ground-breaking Indigenous -led and community-based program created to significantly improve the lives of Indigenous children, youth, and families in the Edmonton and Area Children and Family Services. Working closely with CFSA Central Neighbourhood Centre, and using the Collaborative Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Indigenous children, youth and families in our city. This is a 7 month temporary position.
- Provide leadership and coordination to a team of Youth Wellness Workers.
- Responsible for on-going direction, guidance, and supervision of staff, as well as clients who require our services.
- Encourage Youth Wellness Workers to integrate cultural resources to help support family’s needs.
- Possess knowledge of community resources to suggest to their team.
- Assess needs and teach Youth Wellness Workers to create goals and strategies to support the development of children, youth and families.
- Build positive relationships with families and youth, work cooperatively with caseworker supervisors and other invested partners.
- Maintain effective cross-functional relationships with staff, colleagues, and partners.
- Responsible for developing professional time management, ensure that family progress reports are correct and submitted on time to our CFSA partners.
- Responsible for “on call” services every 5-7 weeks.
- Work effectively with all other supervisors on the leadership team.
- Degree or diploma in a Human Services field is a must – i.e. Social Work, Child & Youth Care, Education, etc.
- Three or more years working with families and youth.
- Three or more years of supervision experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of Penelope database, Ages & Stages Assessments
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a driver’s abstract
- Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record and Child & Family Intervention Checks, and Driver’s Abstract is required prior to starting employment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.