Youth Engagement Worker
Indigenous Youth Housing First is an intense home visitation and follow-up program designed to assist high risk youth experiencing chronic homelessness. We provide in-home follow-up support, with cultural and spiritual support and education.
- Provide one-to-one support using a harm reduction and strength-based approach.
- Build supportive and professional relationships with youth.
- Interview clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required, and eligibility.
- Provide counsel and therapy to help clients resolve social and personal problems.
- Plan programs of assistance for clients.
- Refer clients to relevant youth agencies and supports.
- Serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working in the Indigenous Youth Housing First Program
- Act as an advocate for client groups in the community.
- Perform administrative tasks and record activities, outcomes and registration in a database
- Complete outreach with high risk youth to engage in community activities
- Other duties as required by the team leader
- Degree or diploma in a Human Services preferred
- 2-4 years work-related experience is preferred.
- Experience working with Indigenous youth is an asset
- Knowledge of addictions, gangs, sexual exploitation, homelessness, poverty, abuse and neglect.
- Must have own vehicle and be willing to transport clients.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a drivers abstract
- Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
- Experience with Microsoft office and database such as Efforts to Outcome (ETO).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via email@example.com