Youth Engagement Worker - Temporary
The Family Resource Network offers a wide range of cultural programming for children and their families, aligning with both the principle-based practices and the Well-being and Resiliency Framework (2019). Bent Arrow’s Centre or Hub will provide prevention and early intervention support to youth in Edmonton, Alberta. This position is a temporary contract position until Aug 31, 2022.
- Provide group support using a harm reduction and strength-based approach.
- Build supportive and professional relationships with youth.
- Connect with participants to assess their situation and determine the types of services required, and eligibility.
- Provide supports and resources to help participants resolve social and personal problems.
- Plan programs with the assistance of participants.
- Refer participants to relevant youth agencies and supports.
- Serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working in the Family Resource Network Hub.
- Act as an advocate for participant groups in the community.
- Perform administrative tasks and record activities, outcomes and registration in a database
- Complete outreach with community youth to engage with Hub activities
- Develop and facilitate activities for youth in the Hub
- Build positive relationships with community to better support the youth
- Have ability to provide programing in person or via the internet
- Degree or diploma in a Human Services preferred
- 2-4 years work-related experience is preferred.
- Experience working with Indigenous youth is an asset
- Must have own vehicle and be willing to transport clients.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a drivers abstract
- Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
- Experience with Microsoft office and database such as Efforts to Outcome (ETO).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via email@example.com