Youth Engagement Worker
The Family Resource Network offers a wide range of cultural programming for children and their families, aligning with both the principle-based practices and the Well-being and Resiliency Framework (2019). Bent Arrow’s Centre or Hub will provide prevention and early intervention support to youth in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Provide one-to-one support using a harm reduction and strength-based approach.
- Build supportive and professional relationships with youth.
- Interview clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required, and eligibility.
- Provide counsel and therapy to help clients resolve social and personal problems.
- Plan programs of assistance for clients.
- Refer clients to relevant youth agencies and supports.
- Serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working in the Family Resource Network Hub.
- Act as an advocate for client groups in the community.
- Perform administrative tasks and record activities, outcomes and registration in a database
- Complete outreach with community youth to engage with Hub activities
- Develop and facilitate activities for youth in the Hub
- Degree or diploma in a Human Services preferred
- 2-4 years work-related experience is preferred.
- Experience working with Indigenous youth is an asset
- Must have own vehicle and be willing to transport clients.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a drivers abstract
- Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
- Experience with Microsoft office and database such as Efforts to Outcome (ETO).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.