Social Media Strategist
Who we are: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society is a non-profit organization which provides unique programs and services to Edmonton’s urban Indigenous population. Our Society was incorporated in Alberta in 1994 assisting Indigenous children/youth and families in the Greater Edmonton Region.
The position: The Social Media Specialist works closely with the Communications and Promotions Coordinator, to ensure that our agency is promoted effectively to other agencies and community at large. This position has a wide variety of responsibilities and duties to ensure that our objectives are met.
Who you are: A creative, passionate and, collaborative individual who strives to improve their community. You have a background in one of the following: Social Media, Communications, Marketing or a similar field.
- Work alongside the Communications Team implementing the organizations Strategic Communications Plan.
- Assist in marketing campaigns and promotional strategies to enhance the organization brand, build awareness for the cause, and strengthen social impact and financial aspirations.
- Develop and deliver integrated communications campaigns across PR, advertising, direct marketing, digital and social media
- Assist in fundraising, donor relations, and stewardship.
- Prepare internal and external monthly communications to staff, volunteers and the general public via MailChimp.
- Build relationships with key social media personalities or organizations to promote Bent Arrow’s community profile.
- Promoting existing programs to increase involvement from communities not using our services.
- Develop new partnerships to enhance agency programming and participation
- Expectation and accountabilities of this position may be revised, as necessary.
- Enrolled in or hold a certificate/degree in a relevant post-secondary program like communications, journalism, public relations or marketing. OR
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in social media, communications and/or marketing.
- This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Grant. The successful applicant must fit the following criteria: Legally entitled to work in Canada with a valid Social Insurance Number, and under the age of 30.
- Understanding of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and YouTube)
- Experience with social media analytics tools
- Experience creating digital ads for Facebook/Instagram Ads and Google Ads.
- Experience with Email Marketing (MailChimp), Copywriting, editing, blogging and Storytelling
- Experience with Graphic Design
- Microsoft365 (Planner, Teams, SharePoint plus basics like Word and Excel).
- Understanding of Indigenous Culture is an asset.
- Ability to be creative and innovative
- Proven experience in delivering effective and engaging communications.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance priorities and multiple projects and work collaboratively.
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check
- $23 per hour
- This is a Permanent Full Time Position
- Hybrid options available (Must be in office 3 days a week)
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
- Benefits available after 6 months
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com