Resource Worker (NIT)
New in Town Aboriginal Welcome Service is a service which assists Aboriginal individuals and families to successfully transition to life in Edmonton by utilizing individualized needs assessments and settlement plans, providing a practical welcome kit, the provision of supported referrals to service providers, and access to cultural resources.
The New in Town Resource Worker is responsible for client intake and assessment. This position is responsible for all walk-in client referrals. The Resource Worker will assist the mobile team to ensure appropriate supported referrals are located. The Resource Worker is responsible for assembling and preparing welcome packages with relevant information for the target population. All data and information gathered will be maintained on a data base. The Resource Worker will coordinate events, workshops and orientations for clients and community.
- Provide in-office client intake and assessment.
- Provide updated resource library.
- Assist the mobile team to ensure appropriate supported referrals are located.
- Responsible for walk-in client referrals.
- Responsible for assembling/preparing welcome packages.
- Data entry.
- Gather information and resources for FNMI newcomers.
- Coordinate events, workshops/orientations for clients and community.
- Attending staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Credentials
- Diploma in Human Services or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience conducting client needs assessments.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience working in Aboriginal community.
- Knowledge of supports and resources in Edmonton.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer Skill – knowledge of ETO database an asset.
- Organizational skills.
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record and Child and Youth Information Systems checks are required.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be based on education and relevant experience, working 34.50 hours per week.
- Paid sick and wellness days.
- Extended Health Benefit at 50/50 cost sharing.
This position is to start immediately.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Services diploma: 2 years (Preferred)
- conducting client needs assessments: 3 years (Preferred)
- knowledge and experience working in Aboriginal community: 1 year (Preferred)