Parent Education Facilitator
The Family Resource Network offers a wide range of cultural programming for children and their families, aligning with both the principle-based practices and the Well-being and Resiliency Framework (2019). Bent Arrow’s Spoke in the North East Family Resource Network will provide prevention and early intervention support through caregiver capacity building and child development and well-being programming with an Indigenous focus. Although the programming will have an Indigenous focus, any families can receive service. The North East Family Resource Network is located at the C5 North East Community Hub and is part of a multidisciplinary, integrated team of 6 agencies.
- Provide support and resources to families accessing services at the North East Family Resource Network
- Network with community agencies, services and support groups while building a resource file for participants
- Provide information and current research to parents and community partners
- Provide advocacy to families and participants
- Represent and provide ‘Health for Two’ services to participants
- Record activities, outcomes and registration on database
- Create and facilitate programs to parents
- Prepare for programs with meal preparation, program activities and clean up
- Responsible for purchasing program material within a budget
- Required to do some childcare as needed
- Human Services degree or diploma; equivalencies will be considered.
- Experience with providing support to parents
- Ability to model and promote healthy parenting such as communication, conflict management, problem solving, and behavior management.
- Triple P or parenting facilitation training will be considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of the Indigenous culture and language is a requirement..
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
Salary and Benefits
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via email@example.com