Overnight Child and Youth Care Worker/Keyworker
Iskwew House is a transitional group care home for pregnant and parenting teen girls.
Our goal is to support these young women with whatever they need to promote the healthy development of their child. Supports such as; pre and post natal, the ins-and-outs of becoming a new parent, education programs, healthy cooking and more. Creating a healthy level of independence for these young women is our ultimate goal. We work with female youth ages 14-22 years old.
- Provide a safe, supportive environment for the youth
- Build positive relationships with the youth
- Work with community agencies who also work with or provide services to the youth
- Knowledge of trauma informed care and the ability to use a harm reduction approach
- Deal with the individual and group behaviors
- Support and assist youth with parenting skills
- Transport youth when necessary
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and sessions with the psychologist
- Report documentation
- Become familiar with community agencies
- Learn the policies of the Society and be able to implement them
- Shift from 10 pm to 8 am (sleep hours 12 am to 6 am) Sunday to Thursday
- Completion of a Human Services Degree or Diploma is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years related work experience
- Ability to work well as a team member and ability to take direction
- Passion for working with Indigenous individuals; excited about being a catalyst of change in youth’s lives.
- Must have an understanding of the impact the loss of culture identity and intergeneration residential school syndrome has had on Indigenous people
- Must have a valid Class 5 non graduated driver’s license and willing to obtain a drivers abstract
- Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage if unable to drive company vehicle
- Must provide a clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Salary and Benefits
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 50 hours per week (10 hour shifts)
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via firstname.lastname@example.org