Kahkiyaw Ayisiyinowak ka Wahkotot – “All people, especially traditional peoples, are related” – Kahkiyaw is a new and ground-breaking Aboriginal-led and community-based program created to significantly improve the lives of Indigenous children, youth, and families in the Edmonton and Area Children and Family Services Authority (CFSA).
Kahkiyaw is being delivered in partnership by Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society and Boyle Street Community Services, two community organizations with a long and successful history of serving Indigenous people in Edmonton. Working closely with CFSA Central Neighbourhood Centre, and using the Collaborative Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Indigenous children and families in our city.
- Work alongside of our Family Services Coordinator to support children and families in the assessment phase of their Children’s Services involvement.
- Establishing strong relationships with Children, Families and Children’s Services partners
- Linking families to community resources (Financial, housing, mental health, addictions resources)
- Support Family Time visits – Extensive transporting of children to family visits. Supporting families through modeling and teachable moments within Family Time visits.
- Provide accurate and detailed case notes into database system to reflect parent and child interactions.
- Attend and participate in cultural ceremonies when necessary (IE: Sharing Circles)
- Degree or diploma in a Human Services field is a must – i.e. Social Work, Child & Youth Care, Education, etc.
- A minimum of 2years work-related experience is preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience in the human services field is required. Degree or diploma is an asset.
- Having your own reliable vehicle for transportation is a must
- Experience working with Indigenous families is an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record check and Child & Family Intervention check, and Driver’s Abstract is required prior to starting employment.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.