Kinship Support Worker
Kahkiyaw is being delivered in partnership by Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society and Boyle Street Community Services, two community organizations with a long and successful history of serving Indigenous people in Edmonton. Working closely with CFSA Central Neighbourhood Centre, and using the Outcome Based Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Indigenous children and families in our city.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support and resources to the Kinship Caregivers. Help Caregivers with understanding and navigating the role of being a Kinship Caregiver
- Build positive relationships with the Children, Youth and Caregivers.
- Work with various agencies and participate in monthly Support meetings
- Work effectively with the team and develop plans relating to children in care. Sharing information and clarifying any information to the caregivers.
- Ensure that Caregiver’s are informed of any changes in policy, support Caregivers during with Placement Concerns, when the Placement Concern Response Unit (PCR) is involved, record statistics, and support caregivers with new children coming into their homes.
- Attend monthly home visits with Caregivers and face to face visits with children.
- Work closely with Kahkiyaw CSD Team and Children Services.
- Ensure Case notes,plans, financials, and assessments are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Degree or diploma in a Human Services field.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in either Foster Care or Kinship Care.
- Effective communication skills, conflict management, problem-solving skills, decision-making, and non-abusive behavior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication.
- Working knowledge of the Enhancement Act and Policies.
- Penelope data base experience is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and driver’s abstract.
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record and Intervention Record Checks is required prior to starting employment.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org