HR & Payroll Assistant
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society is a non-profit organization which provides unique programs and services to Edmonton’s urban Aboriginal population. Our Society was incorporated in Alberta in 1994 assisting Aboriginal children/youth and families in the Greater Edmonton Region.
The HR & Payroll Assistant functions as a member of the HR team based in our Central Office. As the HR & Payroll Assistant, you will support the HR team in areas of payroll and recruitment; ensure tasks are processed in an accurate and timely manner, and in accordance with legislative requirements. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize workloads, meet tight deadlines, and be able to adapt to changing situations. This position is a temporary one year contract position.
- Provide assistance and support to the HR team.
- Assist the Payroll Administrator with monthly payroll; provide back-up when Payroll Administrator is away.
- Reconciliation of hourly and salary timesheets, vacation time, lieu time, sick and wellness days.
- Enter extended health benefit premiums in Sage Simply.
- Analyze monthly reconciliation of the extended health benefit premium listings.
- Assist with monthly payroll reconciliation and annual T4 Receiver General reconciliations.
- Assist with scheduling interviews and assist with reference checks.
- Compile and update employee records (physical and HRIS); enter new employees in Sage Simply.
- Respond to employee inquiries; issue employment verification letters.
- Assist with practicum students’ application and interviews.
- Assist with monthly and annual reports; complete HR & Payroll related surveys.
- Communicate with insurance broker and maintain up to date driver’s files for commercial drivers.
- Timely creation of communication materials and monthly newsletters.
- Filing and other Payroll and HR related duties as required.
- Diploma in payroll or business administration; a combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 1-year experience in an accounting environment using Sage Simply Accounting.
- Knowledge and be well versed in AB Employment Standards and HR functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, data entry and reporting.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) skills; strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Detailed oriented; reliable and independent; very good work ethics.
- Ability to work independently, and in a team environment.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is an asset.
- Must provide a current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check and Intervention Record checks.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org