HR & Payroll Assistant
HR & PAYROLL ASSISTANT
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society is a non-profit organization which provides unique programs and services to Edmonton’s urban Aboriginal population. Our Society was incorporated in Alberta in 1994 assisting Aboriginal children/youth and families in the Greater Edmonton Region.
The HR & Payroll Assistant functions as a member of the HR team based in our Central Office. As the HR & Payroll Assistant, you will support the HR team in areas of payroll and recruitment; ensure tasks are processed in an accurate and timely manner, and in accordance with legislative requirements. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize workloads, meet tight deadlines, and be able to adapt to changing situations.
· Provide assistance and support to the HR team that consists of HR Manager, HR Coordinator, and Payroll and Benefits Administrator.
· Creation of HR files; physical and electronic.
· Coordination of practicum students’ application, interviews, and placement.
· Filing and other HR related duties as required.
· Assist the Payroll and Benefits Administrator with monthly payroll; provide back-up when Payroll and Benefit Administrator is away.
· Reconciliation of hourly and salary timesheets, vacation time, lieu time, sick and wellness days.
· Enter extended health benefit premiums in Sage Simply.
· Communicate with insurance broker and maintain up to date driver’s files for commercial drivers.
· Filing and other Payroll and benefit related duties as required.
· Diploma in payroll or business administration; a combination of education and experience will also be considered.
· Minimum 1-year experience in an accounting environment using Sage Simply Accounting.
· Knowledge and be well versed in AB Employment Standards and HR functions.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, data entry and reporting.
· Effective communication (written and verbal) skills; strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
· Detailed oriented; reliable and independent; very good work ethics.
· Ability to work independently, and in a team environment.
· Experience working in a non-profit organization is an asset.
· Must provide a current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check and Child & Family Intervention Record checks.
· Vaccination is required.
Salary and Benefits
· Competitive salary
· Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
· Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
· Health benefits after 6 months
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease indicate in the title what job you are applying to.
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only successful applicants will be selected for interviews
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $3,509.75-$3,687.17 per month
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Human Resources: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person