Housing Outreach Worker
Nikihk Indigenous Housing First is an intense home visitation and follow-up program designed to assist those experiencing chronic homelessness. We provide in-home follow-up support, with cultural and spiritual support and education.
· Obtain information, prepare reports and assessments.
· Appraise client’s needs or eligibility for program.
· Find sustainable housing for clients; coordinate moving and transportation expenses; purchase/secure household items, food, and furniture.
· Ensure client assessments are being entered into the program database.
· Provide support to clients and landlords, resolve conflict situations between clients and landlords.
· Conduct move in and move out inspections.
· Build and foster positive relationships with property management companies.
· Maintain program housing statistics.
· Transport clients to viewings
· Address housing and re-housing issues and needs
· Documenting all objective interactions with clients, whether by phone or face to face, on ETO a web based case management software.
· Create an Independence plan with clients outlining steps required to ensure client maintains stable housing.
· B.A./B.S.W./Human Services Degree or Diploma or equivalent
· 3 – 5 years minimum of relevant experience
· Enthusiasm for being part of the solution to end homelessness in Edmonton
· Passion for working with Indigenous individuals; excited about being a catalyst of change in people’s lives.
· Must understanding the impact the loss of culture identity and intergeneration residential school syndrome has had on Indigenous people.
· Effective time management and the ability to meet deadlines
· Budgeting skills are an asset
· Must have own vehicle and be willing to transport clients.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a drivers abstract
· Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
· Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary and Benefits
· Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
· Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
· Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
· Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via email@example.com