Home Visitation Practitioner
The Family Resource Network offers a wide range of cultural programming for children and their families, aligning with both the principle-based practices and the Well-being and Resiliency Framework (2019). Bent Arrow’s Centre or Hub will provide prevention and early intervention support to Indigenous families in Alberta—particularly in North/East/Central Edmonton. Although the Centre will have an Indigenous focus, any families can receive service. The Centre will offer home visitation, dad engagement, parent education and support, relentless connectors, and youth support.
- Develop relationships and provide long-term support to the families referred to the program.
- Work closely with a public health nurse, other care providers, and the families to assess needs and create goals and strategies to support the healthy development of the family.
- Document involvement with the family and provide other documentation as required to support the ongoing evaluation of the program.
- Case management, as well as attending any required case conferences.
- Work in collaboration with partners and other agencies involved with the families.
- Identify and link families to resources to help build a supportive network for the families.
- Human Services degree or diploma; equivalencies will be considered.
- Experience with providing support to families in their homes is required.
- Ability to model and teach appropriate behaviors such as communication, conflict management, problem solving, decision making and non-abuse behavior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of the Indigenous culture and language is an asset.
- Must have own vehicle and be willing to transport clients.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a drivers abstract
- Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
This position is to start as soon as possible. This is 5-month temporary position with a possible extension to permanent.
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via email@example.com
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.