High-Risk Youth Worker
The Sacred Circle Family Intervention Program serves families who have Children Services involvement. Our Family support and youth workers work with Indigenous youth and families addressing issues that necessitated Children Services involvement. Support can include connecting the families to community resources, mediation, advocacy, crisis intervention, relationship building, teaching, and cultural support.
- Provide one-to-one support using a harm reduction and strength-based approach.
- Build supportive and professional relationships with youth.
- Interview clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required, and eligibility.
- Provide counsel and therapy to help clients resolve social and personal problems.
- Plan programs of assistance for clients.
- Refer clients to relevant youth agencies and supports.
- Serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working with a client group.
- Act as an advocate for client groups in the community.
- Perform administrative tasks.
- Acts as an advocate for client groups in the community.
- Valid (current within 6 months) Child & Family Intervention Check and Criminal Record Check is required prior to starting employment.
- A vehicle and acceptable drivers’ abstract.
- Computer knowledge and different software applications.
- Experience working with Indigenous youth is an asset.
- Perform administrative tasks and knowledge in using computer applications and database with E.T.O. would be an asset.
- Post secondary education.
- Social Service Diploma or Degree.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with high-risk children and youth.
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly wage depends on education and experience.
- Some evenings and weekends are expected.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $3,860.00-$4,053.00 per month
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Work Location: In person
This position is to start immediately.
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Posting will be open until suitable candidate is found.
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.