Fund Development Strategist
Who we are: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society is a non-profit organization which provides unique programs and services to Edmonton’s urban Indigenous population. Our Society was incorporated in Alberta in 1994 assisting Indigenous children/youth and families in the Greater Edmonton Region.
The position: The Fund Development Strategist reports to the Communications and Promotions Coordinator. Working as part of the Communications team the Fund Development Strategist will participate in fundraising efforts through grant writing and building relations with potential donors. They will also oversee volunteers, and occasionally they will be needed to support social media, and other communications.
Who you are: An organized, thorough well written individual who enjoys networking and meeting other people. You have experience writing grants and/or proposals and enjoy researching them. You also posses a passion for social good.
- Work alongside the Communications Team implementing the organizations Strategic Communications Plan.
- Research and write grants that help fund Bent Arrow programs
- Engage in networking with potential funders, supporters, and partners.
- Lead fundraising campaigns
- Oversee a portfolio of Bent Arrow donors acquiring, renewing, and upgrading donors using a variety of cultivation tools and activities
- Oversees volunteer engagement
- Work with the communications team on social media posts, program promotion, and meeting with program leads.
- Experience with Facebook and Google Ads is an asset
- Experience using a CRM is an asset
- Expectation and accountabilities of this position may be revised, as necessary.
- Enrolled in a relevant post-secondary program OR A minimum of one year experience fundraising and grant writing.
- Meet the eligibility criteria of the Canada Summer Job Programs such as between 15 years-30 years of age, legally entitled to work in Canada with a valid Social Insurance Number.
- Proven experience in writing grants and fund development
- Past success in a networking capacity
- Ability to balance priorities and multiple projects and work collaboratively.
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check
- Understanding of Indigenous Culture is an asset.
- $23 per hour
- This is a temporary position for 8 weeks
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Posting will be open until suitable candidate is found
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.