Family Wellness Worker
Kahkiyaw is a ground-breaking Indigenous -led and community-based program created to significantly improve the lives of Indigenous children, youth, and families in the Edmonton and Area Children and Family Services. Working closely with CFSA Central Neighbourhood Centre, and using the Collaborative Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Indigenous children and families in our city.
- This trained social services professional will act as the Case Manager alongside our Children Services partner (Assessor/Case Worker).
- Build positive relationships with families on their case load, and advocate where needed.
- Maintain effective cross-functional relationships with staff, colleagues, and partners, as required.
- Will be required to attend orientation and other appropriate courses/training.
- Provide monthly service plans, case notes, and progress reports using Penelope data base. Adhere to monthly deadlines is a must.
- Ensure all client hard copy files are organized and have current and valid client information.
- Utilize strength-based tools to assist families – i.e. Signs of Safety (SOS) – Mapping, Appreciative Inquiry, and Three Houses with Children. Experience with SOS is an asset.
- Responsible for all on-call services on a rotation basis (every 5-6 weeks). Financial compensation is granted.
- Degree or diploma in a Human Services field is a must – i.e. Social Work, Child & Youth Care, Education, etc.
- 3-5 years work-related experience is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of Penelope database, Ages & Stages Assessments
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a drivers abstract
- Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record and Child & Family Intervention Checks, and Driver’s Abstract is required prior to starting employment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
- Temporary position for 12 months with possibility of extension.
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.