Family Wellness Supervisor
Kahkiyaw is a ground-breaking Indigenous -led and community-based program created to significantly improve the lives of Indigenous children, youth, and families in the Edmonton and Area Children and Family Services. Working closely with CFSA Central Neighbourhood Centre, and using the Outcome Based Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Indigenous children and families in our city.
- Provide leadership and coordination to a team of Family Wellness Workers.
- Responsible for on-going direction, guidance, and supervision of staff, as well as our clients that require our services.
- Encourage Family Wellness Workers to integrate cultural resources to help support family needs.
- Possess knowledge of community resources to suggest to their team.
- Assess needs and teach Family Wellness Workers to create goals and strategies to support the development for children and families.
- Build positive relationships with the families, work cooperatively with caseworker supervisors and other invested partners.
- Maintain effective cross-functional relationships with staff, colleagues, and partners.
- Responsible for developing professional time management, ensure that all monthly family progress reports are correct and submitted on time to our CFSA partners.
- Responsible for “on call” services every 5-7 weeks.
- Work effectively with all other supervisors on the leadership team.
- Degree or diploma in a Human Services field is a must – i.e. Social Work, Child & Youth Care, Education, etc.
- Three or more years working with families and youth.
- Three or more years of supervision experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database, Ages & Stages Assessments
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a drivers abstract
- Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record and Child & Family Intervention Checks, and Driver’s Abstract is required prior to starting employment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
This position is to start as soon as possible.
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com