Family Resource Network - Supervisor
The Family Resource Network offers a wide range of cultural programming for children and their families, aligning with both the principle-based practices and the Well-being and Resiliency Framework (2019). Bent Arrow’s Centre or Hub will provide prevention and early intervention support to Indigenous families in Alberta—particularly in North/East/Central Edmonton. Although the Centre will have an Indigenous focus, any families can receive service. The Centre will offer home visitation, dad engagement, parent education and support, relentless connectors, and youth support.
The supervisor will also be responsible for the Bent Arrow’s external spoke programming at other Family Resource Networks and Bent Arrow’s FCSS programming.
- Accountable for the day to day operations of the program
- Provide direct supervision with a partner supervisor to a team of up to 16 staff
- Responsible for the development of intake procedures and overseeing the preparation of referral plans.
- Provide crisis management and monitor ongoing program development.
- Facilitate team meetings and provide leadership and direction for the program and staff.
- Responsible for program budgeting, preparing proposals for funding and accurate report submissions
- Leads the development/updates of appropriate fields/information for ETO to capture results and is responsible for guiding the development of an evaluation framework.
- Develop and maintain relationships with service providers, Metis and First Nation organizations/communities
- Develop programming that will meet family needs Attend meetings and disseminate information to employees
- Provide new employee training and arrange ongoing employee training
- Participate in events, workshops/orientations for clients and community;
- Human Services degree or diploma; equivalencies will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience in a related field
- Substantial experience in supporting and enabling multi-problem families
- Very familiar with emergency and other social services that would be of value to new comers
- Excellent collaborative skills; knowledge of Indigenous cultures;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Own vehicle and be willing to transport clients would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a drivers abstract would be an asset.
- 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage would be an asset.
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
This position is a permanent position and will be open until suitable candidate is found
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $4,776.03-$5,014.83 per month
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)