Facilitator - Sohkisiwin
Job Title: Facilitator
Type of Employment: Full Time
About The Job
We are currently seeking a facilitator to join our Sohkisiwin (means strength in the Cree Language) team. The Sohkisiwin program supports Indigenous Women, Girls, and those that identify as LGTBQ/Two Spirited who are victims of family violence or intimate partner violence. Our program provides guidance and support in mapping the path to healing. We provide one-on-one outreach services and in class facilitation that is designed to support victims of family violence in exiting and/or who have been impacted. The facilitation consists of 12-weeks of in class workshops developed to provide increased education and awareness about intergenerational trauma, family violence, cultural connections, and increased skill development so families can feel empowered in moving forward in their healing journey.
- Support the development of curriculum, facilitate program course content, use varied methods of delivery to keep clients engaged and promote participation.
- Utilize career development techniques to assist clients with identifying realistic and meaningful career goals.
- Create and maintain client files in a timely manner.
- Keep other team members up to date with client’s progress.
- Provide and create clients’ action plans based on each individuals’ goals and needs.
- Diploma in Social Work, Life Skills Coaching, Career Coaching, or a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Knowledge in supporting issues/challenges that impact victims of family violence.
- Intergeneration trauma informed training is an asset.
- Strong problem-solving skills and conflict resolution
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, including public speaking.
- Experience in the field.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- All successful applicants must provide a criminal record check and child intervention check within the last 6 months.
- Drivers abstract and proof of insurance must be provided.
Salary and Benefits:
- Wage or compensation: 46,320.00- 50,000.00
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the Job Title you are applying for in the subject of the email. Applicants without the job title in the subject of the email will not be considered.