Employment Resource Worker
The Journey to Success is an employment program that is designed to assist Indigenous people 18 years and older, with finding and maintaining employment. This program prepares and certifies Indigenous people, so they have the skills and certifications required for employment.
This program consists of 5 weeks in-class with a 6-month follow-up period that offers assisted job search and more.
- Develop lists of resources for clients experiencing barriers
- Keep job board up to date
- Track all clients accessing the center
- Provide one-on-one support to clients in all aspects of job search, including resume writing, faxing, interview skills
- Provide computer training for clients
- Process all applications received for employment programs and schedule appointments
- Ordering office supplies
- Certificate or training; equivalencies will be considered.
- 2-4 years of experience in career/employment counselling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong career assessment and career planning skills
- Proficient in computer functions such as database reporting, word processing, Internet, and email.
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of FOIP and Labour Market trends
- Conflict resolution skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the Indigenous culture and language is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
This position is to start as soon as possible
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via email@example.com
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.