Transitions to Success is a Women’s Pre-Employment program that is designed to help support women who have the drive and determination to become employed in a career or profession that will sustain them and their families.
- Facilitate program course content in-person and virtually, using varied methods of delivery to keep clients engaged and promote participation
- Provide basic technology assistance for clients when using online training platforms
- Recruitment and Interview potential clients
- Assist clients in finding employment
- Monthly reporting to Team Lead on client’s progress
- Keep client files up to date with all necessary documentation
- Develop program content and material
- Support clients through mentorship and professional coaching practices
- Communicate effectively with Team Lead and other colleagues
- Set up safety ticket training
- Conduct one-on-one employment counseling, discussing clients barriers to employment and offer realistic solutions including referrals to other community resources if applicable
- Utilize career development techniques to assist clients with identifying realistic and meaningful career goals
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate effective time management skills, strong professional boundaries and quick and efficient problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer and report writing skills, knowledgeable with Microsoft Office, Office 365 and experience working in a data base.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong webinar and video conferencing technology skills considered an asset
- Maintains the confidentiality of the organization in a professional and ethical manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Strong problem-solving skills and conflict resolution
- Work independently, while ensuring program outcomes are met
- Motivated to complete professional development training
- Diploma in Life Skills Coach or a minimum of 2 years relevant or related facilitation experience.
- A combination of education and/or experience will be considered
- Experience facilitating online/in person training courses and public speaking
- Strong computer skills using all applications of Microsoft Office Suite especially with Excel and Access
- Advanced skills using web site, cloud based and video conferencing software programs
- A satisfactory Criminal Record with Vulnerable Sector and Child Welfare Check is required
- Willing to train the right candidate
Salary and Benefits
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
This position is to start as soon as possible
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via email@example.com
Closing Date: Posting will be open until suitable candidate is found
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.