Employment Development Coordinator
Indigenous Youth Rapid Employment (IYREP) program is a new branch of Working Warriors that assists indigenous youth with little to no barriers toward accessing full time employment. You will assist youth between the ages of 15-29 with employment skills training, resume building, job search and work experience with an end goal of employment.
- Recruit clients for IYREP and market the program
- Facilitate employment workshops such as; resume development, job search strategies, interview techniques & work ethics
- Complete intake assessments for all clients entering the program.
- Create and Maintain employment database i.e. list of all clients and their employment information
- Assist Team Lead with gathering stats for proposal purposes
- Conduct pre and post program surveys
- Recruit employers who are willing to work with the employment programs in various industries and occupations.
- Set up job shadow and job placements for clients requiring work experience.
- Assist clients with accessing resources for employment purposes i.e. funding for work gear, etc.
- Maintain regular contact with clients who have graduated from the program
- Provide updates to team leader and program staff regarding the students i.e. terminations, withdrawals, starts, completions, etc.
- May include some evening, weekend, shift work.
- Any other program related tasks as directed by your Supervisor/Team Lead
- Human Services degree/diploma or a combination of related work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working with vulnerable/high risk populations.
- Strong career assessment and career planning skills;
- Proficient in computer functions such as database reporting, word processing, Internet and email;
- Knowledge of the Indigenous culture and language is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have own vehicle with a 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a driver abstract
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
- Ability to do shift work, evenings and weekends.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
This position is to start as soon as possible
Closing Date: Posting will be open until suitable candidate is found
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $4,332.00-$4,548.60 per month
- Extended health care
Work Location: In person