The Journey to Success is an employment program that is designed to assist Indigenous people 18 years and older, with finding and maintaining employment. This program prepares and certifies Indigenous people, so they have the skills and certifications required for employment.
This program consists of 5 weeks in-class with a 6-month follow-up period that offers assisted job search and more.
- Interview clients to obtain employment history, educational background, and career goals
- Identify barriers to employment and assist clients with such matters as job readiness skills, job search strategies, resume writing and preparing for job interviews
- Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information
- Providing direct participant services including facilitating employment preparation workshops, managing social media accounts, developing, and presenting information on professional resumes and job search skills
- Contacting employers and developing a strong network of employer contacts
- Preparing complete reports, required by Team Lead
- Developing job readiness by identifying challenges, barriers and assistance clients may need to gain meaningful employment
- Assessing and addressing individual needs, barriers, and complexities and developing and managing service plans
- Maintain client files, weekly contact notes and complete in Mobius database
- Program billing, safety ticket training, cover off for Employment Resource and Facilitating
- Diploma in Community Social Service, Employment Counsellor Certificate or recent
- Two-year related experience in career/employment counselling
- Strong career assessment and career planning skills
- Employment and Career Counselling, case management and facilitation experience an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in computer functions such as database reporting, word processing, Internet, and email.
- Conflict resolution skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
This position is to start as soon as possible
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via firstname.lastname@example.org