Early Childhood Development Worker
The Family Resource Network offers a wide range of cultural programming for children and their families, aligning with both the principle-based practices and the Well-being and Resiliency Framework (2019). Bent Arrow’s Centre or Hub will provide prevention and early intervention support to Indigenous families in Alberta—particularly in North/East/Central Edmonton. Although the Centre will have an Indigenous focus, any families can receive service. The Centre will offer home visitation, dad engagement, parent education and support, relentless connectors, and youth support.
- Responsible for programming of children’s workshops and groups
- Work with other facilitators in supporting parent/child groups and workshops
- Provide information and current research to parents and community partners
- Help families connect to partner agencies, services and supports
- Responsible for facilitating parenting and family groups
- Responsible for administering developmental screening tools;
- Responsible for researching and supplying child development information to parents
- Responsible for teaching and coordinating development, health, nutrition etc. groups for parents
- Record activities, outcomes and registration on database
- Prepare for programs with meal preparation, program activities and clean up
- Provide childcare for center activities as needed
- Develop and facilitate interactive activities with children and their families
- Human Services degree or diploma; equivalencies will be considered.
- Experience with providing support to children
- Ability to model and promote healthy parenting such as communication, conflict management, problem solving, and behavior management.
- Triple P or parenting facilitation training will be considered an asset
- Preference will be given to Indigenous Candidates
- Strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of the Indigenous culture and language is an asset.
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
Salary and Benefits
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via email@example.com