Cultural Support Worker
Practice as Ceremony is an analogy that describes the way we should practice with our families by describing the Sundance model. All Indigenous teachings start from the center and continue outward from the medicine wheel.
The Cultural Support Worker will be responsible for coordinating and providing cultural supports directly to community members. Ensuring that the Cultural services available are accessible to our community members with little to no barriers.
- Work with Community members to establish and/or maintain their connection to Indigenous culture, history of their people, and the community
- Conduct Cultural practices and services that are appropriate and ensure that it is a welcoming, accessible place for community members
- Provide an opportunity for community members to engage in cultural practices, activities
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment and adhere to all COVID-19 protocols
- Resolve issues that are both immediate in nature and concern community members who possess a suitable level of independence
- Educate and inform community members about the full array of services available to them.
- Provide staff with updated information on cultural services, practices available for their clients they work with
- Human Services degree or diploma; equivalencies will be considered.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work related experience
- Knowledge and experience of Indigenous culture
- Ability to work in a highly stressful and ever-changing environment
- Ability to deliver high quality, Cultural services within a stressful environment
- Must have excellent boundaries
- Mental resiliency is key
- Great attention to detail and excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience of report writing is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period).
Hours of Work
- Day shifts, evenings and weekends
This is a temporary position to start as soon as possible with an end date of March 2021
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org