Practise as Ceremony is an analogy that describes the way we should practice with our families by describing the Sundance model. All Indigenous teachings start from the center and continue outward from the medicine wheel.
Practise as Ceremony Cultural Supports Service is a Program designed to offer Cultural supports and services to connect our partners, community members and clients to cultural activities and ceremony.
- Work with children, youth and families to establish and/or maintain their connection to Indigenous culture, history of their people, and the community.
- Facilitate and provide teachings to our contracted partners.
- Provide families the opportunities to learn about Indigenous culture and transport families or youth to ceremonies when needed.
- Create cultural teachings for the youth/ children that will allow them to feel connected to culture through ceremony.
- Build relationships with First Nations Communities.
- Establishing strong relationships with families and children.
- Establish strong relationships with our community partnerships.
- Link families, community partnerships to resources for continued learning opportunities.
- Facilitate Indigenous Cultural teachings for our staff, clients, partners.
- Completion of contact notes and data entry.
- Be able and willing to work in a drop-in setting when required.
- Be willing to work some evenings and/or weekends when required.
- Human Services degree or diploma; equivalencies will be considered.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work-related experience
- Trained in facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge in the Indigenous culture and traditions.
- Experience working with Indigenous families is an asset.
- Database experience is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain drivers abstract.
- Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage.
- Must provide a current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com