Cultural Connector - Practise as Ceremony
Practise as Ceremony is an analogy that describes the way we should practice with our families by describing the Sundance model. All Indigenous teachings start from the center and continue outward from the medicine wheel.
Practise as Ceremony Cultural Supports Service is a Program designed to offer Cultural supports and services to connect our partners, community members and clients to cultural activities and ceremony.
- Work with children, youth and families to establish and/or maintain their connection to Indigenous culture, history of their people, and the community.
- Facilitate and provide teachings to our contracted partners.
- Provide families the opportunities to learn about Indigenous culture and transport families or youth to ceremonies when needed.
- Create cultural teachings for the youth/ children that will allow them to feel connected to culture through ceremony.
- Build relationships with First Nations Communities.
- Establishing strong relationships with families and children.
- Establish strong relationships with our community partnerships.
- Link families, community partnerships to resources for continued learning opportunities.
- Facilitate Indigenous Cultural teachings for our staff, clients, partners.
- Completion of contact notes and data entry.
- Be able and willing to work in a drop-in setting when required.
- Be willing to work some evenings and/or weekends when required.
- Human Services degree or diploma; equivalencies will be considered.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work-related experience
- Trained in facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge in the Indigenous culture and traditions.
- Experience working with Indigenous families is an asset.
- Database experience is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain drivers abstract.
- Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage.
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
This position is to start as soon as possible.
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.