Kahkiyaw is being delivered in partnership by Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society and Boyle Street Community Services, two community organizations with a long and successful history of serving Aboriginal people in Edmonton. Working closely with CFSA Region 6 and using the Outcome Based Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Aboriginal children and families in our city.
- Utilize strength-based tools to assist families – Kinship Mapping, Appreciative Inquiry, and Three Houses with Children.
- Ability to do family searches with a passion to keep meaningful connection for children in care;
- Responsible to facilitate training sessions to staff and mentor in conduct family finding;
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and traditions, preparing & facilitating family circles and Family Group Conferencing;
- Strong connections with First Nation Bands and communities with band designates and Band Councils;
- Build positive relationships with families; work cooperatively with social workers and other invested partners;
- Maintain effective cross-function relations with staff, colleagues and partners;
- Responsible for ensuring that all reports and notes are correct and submitted on a timely manner;
- Provide administrative support for all children services client files, case note management and data collection
- All client hardcopy files are organized and has current and valid client information;
- Work effectively with other team and all staff members that may require your assistance;
- Human Services degree or diploma; equivalencies will be considered.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ work related experience
- Family group conference training, mediation, conflict resolution certificate is an asset
- ETO (Efforts to Outcome) database experience is an asset
- Experience with SOS (signs of safety) is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a drivers abstract
- Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
This position is to start as soon as possible
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via firstname.lastname@example.org