Journey to Success is a Full Time Pre-Employment program that assists indigenous people in securing full time employment.
- One-on-one career counselling, supporting clients through mentorship and professional coaching practices
- Assist clients with accessing resources for employment purposes, PPE, further training, financial aid, rehabilitation
- Set up safety ticket training
- Keep all documentation in files and perform administrative tasks in a timely manner
- Identify barriers and support clients in order to be job ready
- Build rapport and maintain contact with clients throughout the program
- Report in Mobius data bas
- Conduct client interviews
- Cover other positions such as facilitating classroom workshops , computer lab and employment resource centre
- Document weekly contact notes with clients
- Support clients when needed with transportation
- Communicate effectively with Team Lead and other staff
- Utilize career development techniques to assist clients in identifying realistic and meaningful career goals
- 3 to 5 years experience willing to train the right person
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with vulnerable/high risk populations.
- Strong career assessment and career planning skills;
- Proficient in computer functions such as database reporting, office 365, word processing, Internet and email
- Knowledge of the Indigenous culture and language is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have own vehicle with a 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a driver abstract
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $25.82 per hour
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location