Assertive Outreach/Employment Coordinator
Warriors Way is a partnership with Edmonton Police Service that assists with the reintegration of Indigenous men 18 and over that are previously/currently incarcerated. We provide support in the areas of housing, addictions, counselling, family reunification, life skills and employment skills development with the end goal of securing employment. This position is a temporary contract position.
- Facilitate Life Skills and Employment workshops such as; healthy relationships, resume development, job search strategies, interview techniques & work ethics
- Provide Assertive Outreach Support and Engagement with clients
- Provide community addictions supports for clients
- Create and Maintain student employment database i.e. list of all students and their employment information
- Assist Team Lead with gathering stats for proposal purposes
- Conduct pre and post program surveys
- Recruit employers who are willing to work with the employment programs in various industries and occupations.
- Set up job shadow and job placements for students requiring work experience.
- Assist students with accessing resources for employment purposes i.e. funding for work gear, etc.
- Maintain regular contact with clients who have graduated from the Adult employment program
- Meet with students one-on-one providing counseling and strategies to overcome barriers
- Provide updates to team leader and program staff regarding the students i.e. terminations, withdrawals, starts, completions, etc.
- Human Services degree or diploma or 3-5 years of experience in social work field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working with vulnerable/high risk populations.
- Proficient in computer functions such as database reporting, word processing, Internet and email;
- Knowledge of the Indigenous culture and language is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have own vehicle with a 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a driver abstract
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
- Ability to do shift work, evenings and weekends.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via email@example.com
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.