Assertive Outreach/Employment Coordinator-Temporary
Warriors Way is a partnership with Edmonton Police Service that assists with the reintegration of Indigenous men 18 and over that are previously/currently incarcerated. We provide support in the areas of housing, addictions, counselling, family reunification, life skills and employment skills development with the end goal of securing employment. This position is a temporary contract.
- Facilitate Life Skills and Employment workshops such as; healthy relationships, resume development, job search strategies, interview techniques & work ethics
- Provide Assertive Outreach Support and Engagement with clients
- Provide community addictions supports for clients
- Create and Maintain student employment database i.e. list of all students and their employment information
- Assist Team Lead with gathering stats for proposal purposes
- Conduct pre and post program surveys
- Recruit employers who are willing to work with the employment programs in various industries and occupations.
- Set up job shadow and job placements for students requiring work experience.
- Assist students with accessing resources for employment purposes i.e. funding for work gear, etc.
- Maintain regular contact with clients who have graduated from the Adult employment program
- Meet with students one-on-one providing counseling and strategies to overcome barriers
- Provide updates to team leader and program staff regarding the students i.e. terminations, withdrawals, starts, completions, etc.
- Human Services degree or diploma or 3-5 years of experience in social work field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working with vulnerable/high risk populations.
- Proficient in computer functions such as database reporting, word processing, Internet and email;
- Knowledge of the Indigenous culture and language is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have own vehicle with a 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a driver abstract
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
- Ability to do shift work, evenings and weekends.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via firstname.lastname@example.org