Administrative Assistant - Working Warriors
Working Warriors-This project works with the 54 highest risk youths in Edmonton who are and/or have been involved within the justice system. These youth are either incarcerated in EYOC or have recently been released. The project will engage the youth over a one year period in life skills, employment skill enhancement, on the job training and career preparation.
Warriors Way- Provides Life Skills and Employment Skills training for adults exiting the correctional system. We support men accessing employment and community resources to better support a reintegration back into society.
- Support both Working Warriors and Warriors Way program staff with administrative tasks.
- Drafting and creation of program documentation as needed.
- Preparation and presentation of staff meeting minutes and agendas.
- Manage, maintain and audit program and client files and documents.
- Serve as an initial point of contact for all program related inquiries.
- Answering of phones including direction of communication and messages as required.
- Inventory maintenance of all program materials and forms.
- Support main reception area as needed.
- Perform general office duties.
- Manage all incoming client referrals.
- Prepare payment authorizations.
- Track safety tickets and prepare billing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Human Services degree or diploma considered an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of Administrative Support.
- Advanced computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy with knowledge in report writing skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the privacy of sensitive information.
- Ability to be flexible and responsive to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Knowledge of the High Risk Youth Initiative philosophy.
- Knowledge of addictions, gangs, sexual exploitation, homelessness, poverty, use and neglect.
- Self starter able to work alone with minimum supervision with exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication.
- Must provide a current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.