Administrative Assistant - Employment Programs
The Journey to Success is an employment program that is designed to assist Indigenous people 18 years and older, with finding and maintaining employment. This program prepares and certifies Indigenous people, so they have the skills and certifications required for employment.
Transitions to Success is an employment program designed to support women who have the drive, desire, and determination to become employed in a career or profession that will financially sustain them and their families.
- Provide administrative support to Journey to Success and Transition to Success programs
- Drafting and creation of program documentation as needed
- Preparation and presentation of staff meeting minutes and agendas
- Maintain program files and documents and file audits
- Answering of phones including direction of communication and messages as required.
- Inventory maintenance of all program materials and forms.
- Support main reception area as needed.
- Perform general office duties.
- Manage program safety ticket inventory and billing
- Order supplies
- Human Services degree or diploma; equivalencies will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in administrative support
- Strong computer skills, Proficient in MS office, Excel and Office 365 considered an asset
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge and understanding of the privacy of sensitive information.
- Ability to be flexible and responsive to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
This is a part time position and is to start as soon as possible
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via email@example.com