KahkiyawAyisiyinowakkaWahkotot– “All people, especially traditional peoples, are related” – Kahkiyaw is a new and ground-breaking Aboriginal-led and community-based program created to significantly improve the lives of Aboriginal children, youth, and families in the Edmonton and Area Children and Family Services Authority (CFSA).
Kahkiyaw is being delivered in partnership by Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society and Boyle Street Community Services, two community organizations with a long and successful history of serving Aboriginal people in Edmonton. Working closely with CFSA Central Neighbourhood Centre,and using the Collaborative Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Aboriginal children and families in our city. This administrative assistant position is a temporary maternity leave coverage position.
- Reconcile timesheets and update tracking sheets.
- Support supervisors with resumes and booking appointments for interviews.
- Support staff and supervisors with schedules and update calendars.
- Track required training and arrange for staff training.
- Take notes at staff meetings and distribute accordingly.
- Compile statistical information.
- Assist staff with correspondence – typing, filing, photocopying.
- Order office supplies.
- Distribute faxes, manage outgoing mail, forward e-mails.
- Manage the staff in/out board, update and distribute staff extension list.
- Ensure brochures are printed and brochure board is full at all times.
- Answer telephone and inquiries from staff and clients, taking messages as required.
- Data entry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Office Administrative Certification diploma.
- Minimum 1 year experience as Office Administration.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office – especially Excel and Word documents.
- Experience with bookkeeping is preferred.
- Typing and data entry speed of 50 wpm.
- Accurate and detailed oriented; able to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Helpful and personable to clients and staff.
- Ability to multi-task; highly detailed and organized.
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check and Intervention Record Check.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume via firstname.lastname@example.org