Accounts Payable Administrator
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society is a non-profit organization which provides unique programs and services to Edmonton’s urban Aboriginal population. Our Society was incorporated in Alberta in 1994 assisting Aboriginal children/youth and families in the Greater Edmonton Region.
- Assist and Support the organization’s Accountant.
- Process daily and monthly reports.
- Post journal entries.
- Set up new vendor’s accounts, code, and process accounts payable, and issue payments.
- Process direct payment authorizations and reconcile accounts.
- Reconciliation of bank statements and vouchers.
- Analyze and reconcile vendor month-end statements.
- Assist in monthly and annual year-end financial working papers.
- Bank deposits.
- Order office supplies.
- Filing, photocopying documents.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Diploma in Accounting or Business administration.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in an accounting environment using Simply Accounting.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is an asset
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and data entry and reporting
- Must be self-motivated and able to function in a team environment
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to interact effectively, and in a professional, tactful manner with stakeholders, employees and senior management
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, must be able to multi-task and comfortable working in teams
- Strong computer and database application skills and proficiency with spreadsheets
- Must provide a current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
September 1, 2021.
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com