Kahkiyaw Ayisiyinowak ka Wahkotot – “All people, especially traditional peoples, are related” – Kahkiyaw is a new and ground-breaking Aboriginal-led and community-based program created to significantly improve the lives of Indigenous children, youth, and families in the Edmonton and Area Children and Family Services Authority (CFSA).
Kahkiyaw is being delivered in partnership by Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society and Boyle Street Community Services, two community organizations with a long and successful history of serving Indigenous people in Edmonton. Working closely with CFSA Central Neighbourhood Centre, and using the Collaborative Service Delivery model, the program will provide a continuum of services to improve the outcomes for Indigenous children and families in our city.
- Work alongside our Family Wellness Workers to support children and families in various capacities.
- Establishing strong relationships with families and children.
- Linking families to community resources.
- Assisting families seek housing.
- Assisting families seek financial community supports.
- Mentoring and role modeling youth.
- Supportive access drives – extensive transporting of children to family visits.
- Supportive access visits for families – teaching moments for parents to interact with children.
- Provide Ages & Stages Assessments to help parents learn innovative ways to teach non-verbal, sensory motor skills.
- Other areas of ASQ assessments are also helpful for parents to connect child to speech pathologists, auditory specialists, etc.
- Degree or diploma in a Human Services field is a must – i.e. Social Work, Child & Youth Care, Education, etc.
- A minimum of 2 years work-related experience is preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience in the human services field is required.
- ASQ training is an asset.
- Having your own vehicle for transportation is a must.
- Experience working with Indigenous families is an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record check and Intervention Record check is required prior to starting employment.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
- Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
- Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
How to Apply
You can send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org