Family Support Worker (Temporary Maternity Leave)
The Sacred Circle Family Intervention Program serves families that have Children Services involvement. Family support and youth workers work with Aboriginal youth and families addressing issues that necessitated Children Services involvement. Support can include connecting the families to community resources, mediation, advocacy, crisis intervention, relationship building, teaching, and cultural support.
- Build supportive and professional relationships with families;
- Interview clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required, including eligibility;
- Provide counsel and therapy to help clients resolve social and personal problems;
- Plan programs of assistance for clients;
- Refer clients to relevant agencies and supports;
- Serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working with a client group;
- Act as an advocate for client groups in the community;
- Perform administrative tasks;
- Other duties as required.
Education and Credentials
- Post-secondary education with a Social Service Diploma or Degree
- Minimum 1 year experience working with Children Services
- Experience working with Aboriginal youth is an asset.
- Computer knowledge and knowledge of different software applications.
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record and Child & Family Intervention checks.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and Driver’s Abstract
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly wage depends on education and experience.
- Temporary Maternity Position – about 1 year.
- Working approximately 34.50 to 40.00 hours per week.
- Some evenings and weekends are expected.
This position is to start immediately.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful applicants will be selected for interviews.