The Sacred Circle Family Intervention Program serves families who have Children Services involvement. Family support and youth workers work with Aboriginal youth and families addressing issues that necessitated Children Services involvement. Support can include connecting the families to community resources, mediation, advocacy, crisis intervention, relationship building, teaching, and cultural support.
- Provide one-to-one support using a harm reduction and strength-based approach.
- Build supportive and professional relationships with youth.
- Interview clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required, and eligibility.
- Provide counsel and therapy to help clients resolve social and personal problems.
- Plan programs of assistance for clients.
- Refer clients to relevant youth agencies and supports.
- Serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working with a client group.
- Act as an advocate for client groups in the community.
- Perform administrative tasks.
Qualifications / Education:
- Post-secondary education.
- Social Service Diploma or Degree.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with high risk children and youth.
- Valid (current within 6 months) Child & Family Intervention Check and Criminal Record Check is required prior to starting employment.
- A vehicle and acceptable drivers’ abstract.
- Computer knowledge and different software applications.
- Experience working with Aboriginal youth is an asset.
- Perform administrative tasks and knowledge in using computer applications and database with E.T.O. would be an asset.
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly wage depends on education and experience.
- Permanent, full-time (34.50 to 40.00 hours per week). Some evenings and weekends are expected.
- Paid sick and wellness days (annual pro-rated) is available after 3 months’ probation.
- Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) is available after 6 months employment.
The location for this position is at our Central Office, 11666 – 95 Street, Edmonton, AB.
This position is to start immediately.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: http://bentarrow.ca/about/apply-now/
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful applicants will be selected for interviews.