Transitions to Success is a non-paid employment program designed to support women who have the drive, desire, and determination to become employed in a career or profession that will financially sustain them and their families.
Our goal is to assist women in securing above minimum wage jobs and provide them with the opportunity to continue with their education in a career that is compatible with their skill set.
We provide life skill enhancement, employment skill development, on-the-job training, and employment support services while you are working.
The program consists of:
- 6 weeks in-class life skill enhancement,
- 2 weeks in-class employment skill development, including ticket/certification training,
- 4 weeks of non-paid, on-the-job work experience placement, and
- 6 months employment support.
Transitions to Success supports students in the areas of life skill enhancement and employment skill development. When you are employment-ready, we assist you in obtaining sustainable employment and provide continued support for up to 6 months while you are employed.
- Female, 18 years of age or older
- Low income
- Willing to participate in a non-paid work experience
- Willing to work with our team up to 6 months after completing the program
- A minimum of 6 months stable housing is required and secure child care
- In the event your goal is to return to school, you must be willing to work until you start school
If you believe this program will support you in achieving your goals and you want to inquire about program start dates or request an application, please contact our main office at (780) 481-3451.
All applications will be considered.