The White Cloud Head Start Program provides Aboriginal pre-school children with a positive sense of themselves and their culture. The program offers them the opportunity to develop and learn different skills to be successful in the school system.
White Cloud provides supports, programming, and appropriate resources for parents. We empower parents to assist their children at the beginning of their educational journey.
Parental Advisory Committee
The role of the Advisory Committee is to provide advice, direction, support, and feedback to the Head Start Program. Parents are active participants in this program by volunteering their time to support their children’s education.
- Provide children with a wholistic educational experience both culturally and academically to ensure successful transition into kindergarten.
- Enhance Aboriginal values and belief systems.
- Provide the bridges and links to young Aboriginal children so that they can successfully adapt in an academic setting.
- Offer opportunities for children to:
– develop self-confidence
– take pride in their culture
– work on social skills
– become more accustomed to a structured environment
– learn through play
– enhance fine and gross motor abilities
– receive initial supports from early intervention teams such as health, speech, dental screening, and CASA
- dramatic play centre
- library/story corner
- manipulative toy centre
- blocks and floors play centre
- art centre
- listening centre
- water play
- supplementary activity centre
- gross motor centre (gym/park)
- scenic and nature centre
- discovery and curiosity centre
- puppet centre
- carpentry centre
- cultural area
9550 – 152 Street
Edmonton , AB
(Beginning of September until the end of June)
Tuesday to Friday 8:30 am – 11:35 am OR 1:00 pm – 4:05 pm
Monday to Thursday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Friday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm