Your Journey to Success starts here. Apply today!
Journey to Success provides:
– Workshops in Personal Development and Employment Skills Development
– An Employment Resource Center
– Individualized Service Plans
– Exposure Courses
The Journey to Success program is designed to assist Indigenous people with finding and maintaining employment. This program prepares and certifies Indigenous people so they have the skills and certifications required for employment.
The purpose of this initiative is to:
– Support participants in the ability to manage challenges in maintaining long term employment.
– Implement job readiness, work ethics, and time management.
– Provide participants with higher paying employment opportunities.
1. Comprehensive Program
The program consists of:
– Individualized service plans
– Culturally based life skills management
– Work ethic skills and employer expectations
– Computer instruction
– Labour market awareness
– Basic computer instruction
– Tape measure conversion
– Resume writing and job search techniques
– Standard occupational safety certification and exposure courses (WHIMIS, TDG, CSTS, First Aid/CPR. Other tickets will be considered upon approval from the case manager)
– Eighteen years old
– Aboriginal ancestry
– Employment at one place for a minimum of six months
– Grade ten level reading and writing
– Stable residence
– MUST MAINTAIN CONTACT WITH STAFF FOR SIX MONTHS UPON COMPLETION OF PROGRAM
– Must NOT be currently involved in any other training or employment program funded by Alberta Employment & Immigration.
* All applications will be considered
* Upon successful completion of training, participants are assisted in finding part-time employment.
* Staff support students in maintaining their employment from start to finish.