Indigenous Teachings, offered through Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society, is designed to introduce participants to the concept of cultural awareness and to provide non-Indigenous participants with a greater understanding of the issues and challenges facing Indigenous people.
The goal of the training is to:
- Assist people in working more effectively with Indigenous communities, co-workers and clients.
- Help people to identify their own biases, beliefs and attitudes.
- Teach skills and strategies for enabling Indigenous people to be successful and productive.
- Encourage the sharing of information and experiences of both Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities.
- Help non-Indigenous organizations be more sensitive and understanding of the Indigenous community as a society.
- Establish a solid knowledge base for companies to design and develop working relationships with the Indigenous community.