Early Development Program Facilitator (position ends March 31, 2018)
The Aboriginal Parent Link Center provides parent and family support to families in Alberta. Each center provides services based on the needs of families in its particular community. With 46 Parent Link Centers working continuously to reach out to more than 160 communities across the province, qualified and knowledgeable staff are prepared to deliver parenting programs, answer questions and offer advice about positive parenting and dealing with parenting and family issues.
- Develop, promote and implement cultural programming that focuses on improving early childhood domains in families such as social competence, physical health, communication skills and emotional maturity.
- Provide programming that is interactive for both parents and their children aged 3 to 5 in the central area of Edmonton.
- Prepare meals, as programs will include a lunch.
- Assist families to connect with partner agencies, services and support groups.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Record contact notes, attendance and registration for data collection.
- Assist the center’s operation by supporting other programs and assuming other roles within the center.
- Assist with Bent Arrow community events.
- Assist with program and center clean-up.
Education and Credentials
- Degree or diploma in Human Services field.
- Early childhood experience and Aboriginal culture awareness an asset.
- Must have your own vehicle for transportation with valid (without issues) current drivers’ license and drivers’ abstract.
- Triple P training an asset, but not required.
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record.
- Current (within 6 months) Child and Family Intervention Record.
Salary and Benefits
- $3,600/month for full-time work (34.5 hours/week).
- Saturday and evening work is required.
Aboriginal Parent Link Center 11666-95 Street, Edmonton, Alberta
This position is to start May 17, 2017.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only successful applicants will be selected for interviews.